1. Be sure you have all components: caddy, paddle, aluminum poles x2, charger and cord (if purchased). Open both sides of the box if needed.
2. Take the two poles and lightly press them into the caddy as far as they go but at least 1 and 1/2 inches deep (you may need to swivel the poles back and forth if taught). Be sure the poles are both the same direction.
3. Take the paddle and attach it to the poles using the same method as above. The flat side of the paddle should be face down.
4. If you purchased the charger and cord: take the charger and put it in the charger port (prongs down) where there are two hooks. When you press it all the way you should hear a click. If you don't hear the click just be sure both hooks are securely on each side of the charger. The prongs should be sticking out the bottom of The Night Caddy.
5. Take the 6ft cord and plug it into the charger and then into the wall.